Saturday, December 8, 2012

A shampoo for oily scalp and dry hair?

Q. I can't really understand my hair. If I use conditioner ONLY at the ends (my hair is short) my roots are getting so greasy and the ends dry! I've tried two shampoos from H&S, one from tresemmé and a salon one.

A. Pantene hairfall


Any suggestions for getting rid of fleas in your home?
Q. I have bombed the house twice within the past two weeks, shampooed the carpet and vacuumed daily with no relief... Any suggestions? We don't have any indoor pets and are unsure of where they are coming from... HELP!!!

A. Bringing them in on your shoes & socks most likely.

They're attracted to warmth/light....Here's a clever free homemade device: Get any small LIGHT BULB, lamp, even a night-light--suspend it about 12" off the floor. DIRECTLY under it, place a shallow dish of WATER into which you've agitated a little liquid dish DETERGENT. Darken the room, leave the bulb on & WAIT. Check it in an hour to see if you've caught any, if so great! If not, move the stuff to another room & do the test again until you've covered all rooms.

This has worked for me for YEARS. NO flea sprays or bombs! (Actually my brother replaced my homemade method with one he found in some mail order catalog, it's all in one unit,) but I used the homemade method with just as much success! ( And another thing to find the most heavily infested areas, just walk around the room for a few minutes in white socks. They WILL attach themselves to the socks & you can easily see them.)

Anyway, in the flea trap, you don't need any pesticide in the water because the detergent slicks their bodies so they can't properly jump, then they drown.


What would happen if i mix two shampoos together?
Q. I have coloured hair i want volume so i was thinking that i should mix my shampoo for coloured with a voulume shampoo , would it be ok to do that?

A. The chemicals might react together and ignite or explode. Under no circumstances should you do this.


IS it right to use two different shampoo and conditioner at the same time?
Q. I have dry thin hair. Is it ok to use both volumizing and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner at the same time? If it's wrong, which one should I use the volumizing or moisturizing? Thanks!

A. It won't hurt you but I'm not sure you're getting the full effect of either product this way; one may be washing out the other. It good to change your shampoos and conditions periodically to avoid build up and get the full effect out of them. I would use a moisturizing shampoo and condition and a volumizing styling product sometimes and use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner and maybe a leave in conditioner before styling other times. This way, you could also see which method may work better for you too. Maybe you can find a shampoo and condition designed to do both too.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment