Sunday, December 9, 2012

What is the best way to do my hair for school?

Q. I have been just letting my hair out this whole month in school but I am getting bored of it. Is there any ideas of how I should make my hair look better and any ideas of how I should wear out my hair at school?

A. School isn't a formal place so no need to go using a straightner or curler every day. I change my hairstyle every day. I change it up. Here are several simple style I do:
-Low ponytail
-High ponytail
-Ballerina type bun
-Messy bun
-Old fashion braid
-Fish tail braid(one of my favourites)
-Take a shower the night before then braid your hair while it's still wet, then when you wake up in the morning take the braid off and your hair will have slight waves
-Take a shower in the morning and blow dry your hair to have it a pretty natural straight or straighten it with a straightner for a stick straight look(stick straight hair doesn't go well on me at all so if your like me, stick with the blow drying way of straightning it.)
-Twisted ponytail(I don't know the real name). My friend taught me it. You basically tie up a normal ponytail, it's way easier if you do it on a low ponytail because it's looser. You then create a opening in the part between the hairband and scalp, and then pull the ponytail through it going from on top then pull down. Pull it tight then try to hide the hairband when your hair and ta-da. It looks really nice. --- I was looking on google images to find a picture of it to show you and I just found out it actually is called a twisted ponytail. Anyways, here are some pictures:
http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=twisted+ponytail&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=481&tbm=isch&tbnid=n0vvE83pjOowWM:&imgrefurl=http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/hair/tools-techniques/create-inverted-ponytail-00000000002192/index.html&docid=RrMt4LeDHy7C_M&imgurl=http://img4-2.realsimple.timeinc.net/images/beauty-fashion/hair/0808/052-s3-pony-tail_160.jpg&w=160&h=165&ei=e0hzUMPEJ4qyiQKmyICYAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=656&vpy=177&dur=1450&hovh=132&hovw=128&tx=77&ty=97&sig=100206338764731828034&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=123&start=0&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:80
and
http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=twisted+ponytail&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=481&tbm=isch&tbnid=c59ABjRenvWYMM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fashionavecpassion.com/stylish-ponytail-ideas-for-summer/kimberley-walsh-twisted-ponytail/&docid=OXUfaNBUD1H4GM&imgurl=http://www.fashionavecpassion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Kimberley-Walsh-twisted-ponytail.jpg&w=600&h=480&ei=e0hzUMPEJ4qyiQKmyICYAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=101&vpy=28&dur=1250&hovh=201&hovw=251&tx=177&ty=102&sig=100206338764731828034&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=172&start=0&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:71


Can you give me some tips about mohawks?
Q. I will shave my sides bald soon and leave the middle 6 inches (you might have read that in my last question).I wanna know does it look good if the mohawk is long and the sides are bald.I also wanna know do i have to shave my sides every week (i don't want the sides to grow much-i want them too be extremely short).So does it have another way for the sides to stay short without trimming them?

A. Hello Bruno,

Another way to sport a Mohawk without having to be constantly shaving the sides is the FauxHawk. Here, you leave the sides and back at any other length than shaved and the crest is normally kept up to 2 inches in length. You can read more about it here:

http://www.manlycurls.com/2012/01/faux-hawk-hairstyle-men-curly-hair/

If you are into shaving your head and leaving hair on top, give the Recon hairstyle a go too, it's pretty cool though not as extreme as the Mohawk:

http://www.manlycurls.com/2012/02/hairstyles-men-curly-hair-high-tight-recon/

Hope that helped!


Can I dye my hair from brown back to blonde?
Q. About two months ago, I dyed my hair, which is naturally a dirty blonde to light brown color, dark brown. It lightened to a medium brown and is getting lighter with all the summer weather. What should I do to get it to either a dark or a golden blonde? I dye it myself at home.

A. Without risks? You can't.
Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011
When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"


One example: MY HAIR DRESSER DYED MY HAIR GREY. I've been crying for the last 2 hours, I want to kill that bish for destroying what was amazing bleach blonde hair. AND to make things worse, she cut my extensions WAY too short.

"23 years old Rihanna is well known for changing her hairstyle and hair colour on a regular basis and it looks as though all those treatments have finally begun to take their toll on her mane and perhaps her common sense." US Showbiz 2-18-12 Rihanna has reportedly paid $23,500 for an emergency haircut after hers was ruined in a sauna, to fly out hair stylist from L.A. to London..The Province 3-1-12.
A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye.
Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.
Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."
Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye
The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe�en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It�s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It�s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.
PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

Sources:
Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.
Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?


Will modeling agencies pay for their models' cosmetic procedures?
Q. If you are signed to a modeling agency, will they pay for procedures to make you (their product) more appealing? Like hair removal, acne scar treatment, tanning, things like that? Just curious, if you have experience in the modeling industry and know anything about it let me know! Thanks!

A. If you're modeling, for cosmetics, they do that.

If you're AUDITIONING, you do your own makeup.

If you're doing a job, they do your makeup. Some people who hire models, HAVE A SPECIFIC HAIRSTYLE, MAKEUP, CLOTHING they want you to wear, and that's NOT YOUR JOB, they have staff to do you - top to bottom

FYI: Watch America's Next Top Model or SCOUTED a new reality show.
In Vogue UK now 13-14 year old models. But there's a documentary "Girl Model" too young, too thin on Vogue models, shown at SXSW and the Toronto International Film festival, highlights the search and scouting of young girls in the modeling industry. Teen models have no clue what they're getting themselves into. They're naive. They get free food, free alcohol, they are forced into prostitution, too many abuses, sexual, physical, emotional you just can't believe.
http://theminaretonline.com/2012/04/06/article21987

I went to a Charm & Poise school, when I was in HS in hopes to land a modeling job someday . . . and that's something I carried with me all my life. Some agencies don't give you jobs! I thought I was a model material, until they used me for extra in a movie and modeled once for hair, and realized I don't want anyone fuzzing with me top to bottom and are 'forced to wear and dress like a clown."





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment