Saturday, December 8, 2012

What happens if you straighten your hair too much?

Q. I heard that it is bad to straighten hair with a flat iron, but what happens? Also, what hair style cut with look good with a dirty blond with thick, and at parts, wavy hair. I don't like the wave nor the thickness.... Right now it is past my shoulders. I normally wear pony tails, because i don't like it down. any tips?

A. Any prolonged heat styling will do damage to the hair. It strips the natural moisture, which is less abundant at the ends, which of course produces more split-ends and flyaways. Be sure to use products that contain no alcohols, deep condition on a regular basis, trim the ends every 6-8 weeks, and if possible, use a high quality flat-iron with ceramic plates. They are more expensive, but well worth the price.

There are a few things you can do with your style. If you like the length, you can either get a body wave (a type of perm, but w/ loose curls and not leaving you like a poodle), or there is chemical straightening. I wouldn't reccommend the chemical straightening because it can be a lot more stressing on the hair, especially with you being blonde. they are generally done more on people with african descent who have much coarser hair. Or, you can shorten the length. Perhaps you have too much weight pulling downward on your tresses which straightens out the natural wave you may have. Remember that by lightening the weight, you will have a little more curl and volume than you may be used to. If you do this, you'll need to also put in some layers and maybe even some undercutting. Also, with less hair to deal with, straightening won't be such a long task. good luck


How to curl short hair without it looking to short?
Q. I had long curly hair until recently when I cut it short, I like it this way except when it comes to trying to style it. Straightening my hair is easy but now when I try to scrunch it my hair ends up looking to short. And if I don�t put anything in it my hair will become frizzy and poufy. So my question is; how can I make my hair look nice and curly without making it look too much shorter. Should I use a curling iron? Certain hair products? Please help �thank you (:

A. For scrunching; When you're scrunching your hair, scrunch it with gel/mousse first. Also use some hair spray to keep the frizz away but don't scrunch while you hairspray your hair because that will make your hair look big and poofy. If you want your hair to be able to move instead of having your hair like a brick from hairspray, use a hairspray that doesn't have a lot of hold. If you don't want to use hairspray at all, use a blow dryer with a diffuser. When using a diffuser, don't leave the diffuser in one spot of your hair for too long though because that will also cause frizz and that is exactly what you don't want.

Onto using a curling iron; If you curl your hair close to your roots it will take away the length of your hair. What I do is I part my hair into sections. For the bottom layers, I only curl the last 3-ish inches of my hair. This way my hair looks curled but it doesn't take away all of my length. For the top sections, I start about 3 inches away from the roots and start curling (: Hope this helps!


What are some cute hair styles for both curly and straighten short hairs?
Q. Tell me the some hair styles for both curly and straighten short hairs which look pretty and cute.. And also mention some of the procedures to make curly hair to straighten

A. Make sure your face shape will suit a short cut. If, for example, you have a long face, you�ll want to stay away from a long straight style. If your jaw line is quite defined and large, it�s best to stay away from a bulky curly hairstyle that just focuses more attention on that area. A short curly hairstyle always looks fabulous with the right makeup. You don�t have to wear a lot of makeup, but just enough to add some color and accents to complement your new cut. Eyebrows are a must. Make sure your brows are nicely shaped. If your brows are fine, you may want to add a darker shadow across the brow hairs for added definition and to draw attention you your eyes.


How to straighten hair without using a straightener?
Q. I really want to straighten my hair, but I don't have the time to do all that work, is there a fast and easy other way to straighten hair?

A. You can alternatively straighten hair with a blowdryer. I've written up a short tutorial on my blog, but it has pictures and everything so I'll just give you the steps. I've left the link if you're interested in viewing the rest. :)

Steps.
1- Wash your hair with a straightening shampoo/conditioner. Make sure to leave the conditioner in for at least 3 minutes while you do other things in the shower.
2- Rinse your hair with cold water before you exit.
3- Start with damp, towel-dried hair. Spray in your heat protectant, making sure not to overdo it or you might end up with greasy hair. Brush it through for even distribution.
4- Apply straightening balm (if you have it), a dime-sized amount will do. Focus on the ends.
5- Start blowdrying. Take a decent strand of hair, running the barrel brush beneath it and blowdryer with the concentrator over it at the same time - ie, move the blowdryer WITH the brush. Pull the hair straight with the brush as best you can while doing this.
6- Use the cool shot on your blowdryer to set your style.
7- If your hair is dry/frizzy, apply a leave in conditioner or serum.
8- Finish off with a mist of light hairspray.

Note: all these steps are not necessary, only perhaps steps 4 and 5.

You can also consider chemical straightening if you want your hair permanently straight, but it is expensive.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment