Saturday, December 8, 2012

What hair products are safe with alopecia areata?

Q. My mom has alopecia areata and is currently undergoing treatment but I am wondering if certain hair products (shampoos, dyes) are considered to affect hair regrowth?

A. if i had this problem i would wash my hair in the purest soap form possible and that would be something called Green Soft Soap which might be available in chemist or pharmacy...with your Mom already taking medication i would avoid heavy chemical hair products for the moment....i have an old book and it says that for hair restorers there is a choice of lavender, lime, nasturtium, nettle and thyme so maybe you could ask at a Herbalist or Health Food store/shop and see what they have got there for hair...hope this helps..s


What is the best shampoo for hair that uses lot of hair products?
Q. I have very short hair (around 2 to 3 inches in length). I use hair paste everyday to style my hair. My hair used to be quite soft but nowadays I noticed it getting rougher especially at the ends. I hear that if you use a lot of hair products you need some sort of clarifying shampoo to properly wash out all the stuff you put in your hair. I don't think my current shampoo is effective as each time I use it, I feel it's very hard to wash out all that stuff from my hair. Does anyone have a shampoo/conditioner to recommend?

A. Pantean Pro V Ice Shine
i use so many hair products and do so much crap to my hair
i get slipt ends easily too
but im proud to say that after using pantean pro v ice shine shampoo and conditoner i dont have a single one


what hair products work best to straighten African american hair?
Q. i'm having trouble finding the right hair products. i would like it straight. i have medium thick wavy hair and its a little past my shoulder. i'm trying to avoid relaxers and perms. other products have broken off my hair which is why its at my shoulder. it used to be down my back. anyway please help. and also does the instyler work? thanks.

A. i have coarse unruly hair as well. i find that using a chi straightner works really well. there like 100.00 normally, but well worth it and they last a longg longg time !! you should also use to help tame your hair before you straighten it.


How do I make my hair less frizzy? Good hair products for frizz?
Q. Can anybody reccomend and hair products that make my hair curly and less frizzy. My hair is already very curly/frizzy and I want to know how to make my hair less frizzy. I have problem with this and I never wear my hair down because of it. Any tips/hair products??

A. I have super-thick and curly hair that fizzes alot so here is what I do:

For curly hair:
-wash hair normally at night (shampoo and condition) and twist into a bun to wet-set while I'm sleeping
-it will still be a little damp in the morning so leave time for it to naturally dry (a hairdryer make it worse for me)
-while still a little damp put a little mousse in (I prefer the Opposites Attract Mousse by Aussie, purple bottle)

For wavy hair:
-wash hair normally at night and braid at the bottom of your head to wet-set while I'm sleeping
-it will still be a little damp in the morning so leave time for it to naturally dry
-while still a little damp put a little mousse in

For strait hair:
-wash your hair normally at night and deep condition
-comb (DONT brush) blow dry hair (try and use a protective product. I dont but I should)
-make sure your hair is THROUGHLY DRY before you start straitening.
-Find a straitener that fits your budget and hair and buy some straitening oil (I saved up for a CHI and some CHI oil, its expensive but well worth it)
-do touch up straitening in the morning with a little straitening oil and then spray with an anti humidity spray. (I use Aussie's Sydney Smooth 12 Hour Anti-Humidity Hair Spray)
-carry a comb during the day to help keep hair untangled


Hope this helps!

P.S. Aussie makes great hair products





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment