Sunday, December 9, 2012

How to do hair with black one shoulder dress?

Q. It's a silk/shiny material dress, knee length .. ruffle across the top with black flowers up and over the shoulder.

It's for attending a wedding, how should I wear my hair so that it's still cute but won't overpower the one shoulder?

I have blonde hair, a few inches past my collar bone.

A. http://www.hairstylesfair.com/new-medium-hair-styles-for-2011-reviews.html/wavy-medium-hairstyle

http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/how-to/bun-updo-hair-style

http://www.bestmode.org/hair/how-to-learn-to-french-braid-hair.html


How do I get my hair to look good straight?
Q. my hair is blonde-ish and a little below my shoulders. It's naturally straight but not pin straight and not entirely wavy, either. when I let my hair dry naturally it gets all wavy (the ugly kind) and the ends flip up. My hairstyle is like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.igossip.com/photos_2/march_2011/Short_or_long_selena_gomez.jpg&imgrefurl=http://igossip.com/gossip/Who_Looks_Best_With_Short_Hair_Fun140_Selena_Gomez/1460868&usg=__0-RhGMDqGvyQx9yXp0IvuG0N-YU=&h=400&w=400&sz=38&hl=en&start=0&sig2=O91cVE8CJQ0iT4zwCtGKGA&zoom=1&tbnid=LhL-0LeglfrzmM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=119&ei=L4SiTeDRGpKTtweI85CZAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dselena%2Bgomez%2Bshort%2Bhair%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D607%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=782&vpy=168&dur=444&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=141&ty=101&oei=L4SiTeDRGpKTtweI85CZAw&page=1&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0
(Just a little longer...)
so it only looks good when the ends are rolled under. and if they DO flip up they rarely will stay put when I roll them under. If I blowdry then it gets extremely poofy and voluminous in the BAD WAY (my hair isn't thick, it's actually pretty thin, I just have a LOT of it.). if I straighten it (I love pin-straight) then it like clings to my head. How to I get it to have volume at the top so when I straighten it it actually looks good and not like I've got a hair hat on?!

P.s. I'd love to grow my hair out, but when I do it is SO frizzy and tangly...10 minutes after I brush it, it is full of tangles. I have no idea how to fix that so I've stuck with short hair; I like it but I'd also like a change...if you have any tips for how to keep long hair looking good. :/

A. when you straighten it the way you like it, pick it up at the crown of your head and tease it with a comb a bit. That should do the trick for volumizing your hair. Now for the length. If you use dove moisture renewal shampoo nd quite a bit of conditioner then comb through it and blow it dry with Paul Mitchell relaxer in the green bottle it will be easier to manage and much less frizzy. Then just straighten it and find something to hold it in place. Good luck. (:


How much would Professional hair extension's cost?
Q. My hair is normal thickness, and about just past my shoulder. From the top of my head I would like to add 17" to it. It would have to be 100% real human hair! What would be and estimate price for them?

A. Kate Gosselin got hers from a salon, and she was on the front cover of People magazine, but she HATED her hair!!!! Access Hollywood. She paid $7,000 for hers. Took 7 hours.

At the salon: 25-50 ($50-$100) extensions, they also have hidden costs, like monthly maintenance fees, one girl charge YA poster $248 more saying the salon put 120 extensions on her head, but she only counted 60. They are very charming!

I also do not recommend them, specially if you've got thin or thinning hair, trying to grow hair or Afri-Amer. They will only make your hair thinner or hair falls.

May 22, 2011: Model and businesswoman Katie Price, who was formerly topless model Jordan, is demanding compensation from a top Los Angeles hair salon after she spent $17,000 on hair colourings and extensions that she claims were botched, leaving her hair so damaged it began falling out.

"Hair extensions can cause some damage to your real hair," says Placid Braganza, a design artiste. "Since they are attached using thermal heat, knotting, braiding or gluing, they can hamper hair roots or even break, split or burn hair strands if not done carefully," he adds.

Published 8-10-12: Even supermodels have bad hair days, but from the looks of this recent photo, Naomi Campbell appears to be dealing with something far worse.
A photo of the 42-year-old beauty vacationing in Ibiza earlier this week shows what appears to be a receding hairline.
Florida hair surgeon Dr. Alan Bauman, who has not treated Campbell, said the former supermodel appears to be suffering from traction alopecia � hair loss due to extensions.
�Extensions, weaves, anything artificial hanging on hair � no matter whether you attach it with glue, special magnets, tape � it�s going to cause damage over time,� Bauman told ABCNews.com. �And unless you give your hair a break from those extensions, it won�t rebound.�

Bonding: Bonding or gluing is a temporary weaving method and usually involves longer hair wefts.
Plus points: This method is quick to do.
Red flags: Hair extensions attached by this method do not last too long.

Clip-on hair extensions give you a change of look without damaging your natural hair. "They are easy and quick to apply; usually taking five to seven minutes," says beauty expert, Sylvia Chen. "Moreover, in case you're not very comfortable, you can immediately pull them out," she adds.
Red flags: These clip-on hair extensions need to be removed before you go to bed. You cannot sleep or swim with these. So you may not want to opt for them if you're planning to wear them on a daily basis; you'd have to follow the routine of attaching them every morning and removing them before sleeping. Moreover, they may also lead to hair breakage while removing the clips; some even tend to tangle and fall apart after a few days.

Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline.
Watch: Good Hair a documentary by Chris Rock 2009 on BET or HBO. According to Tyra Banks, 80% of the black population are part of the billion dollar hair industry. Clips on youtube videos, also.

Google: Worst Celebrity Wigs & Weaves.


What to ask when getting scene hair at the hairdressers?
Q. I've wanted scene hair for about a year now but I'm not sure what to say or how to describe it. I've read other posts saying to bring a picture of what I want but I'm not sure that would be enough of a description. I have thick blonde hair that goes about 2 inches below the top of my shoulders. Please help me!

Thanks :)

A. Ask for choppy layers with razored ends...and pictures do help, they're your best bet for getting what you want. Here's a pic that looks kind of like what you said you want:

http://www.haircolorsideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/blond-scene-hairstyles-purple.jpg





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment