Saturday, December 8, 2012

Is it a good idea to permanently straighten my hair?

Q. I have super curly hair. I like it becomes it defines me but I honestly want a new look. I would love to have bangs, but they don't look with curly hair. I want a new hairstyle but if its too damaging, I don't think it's worth it. (straightening my hair with an iron takes 2 1/2 hours) Should I do a permanent straightening job? What are the pros/cons and options?

A. I think you shouldn't do anything permanent. My hair was black and I wanted to try blonde because I've never had it, and now my hair is very, very damaged. I think everyone wants what they don't have. My hair is super straight and will never hold a curl, and I envy girls with super curly hair like you. It's a gorgeous style. But if you want to try something new, and don't mind the risks, go for it :)


How do i get my hair thin and the "Asian hairstyle" look?
Q. I got thick and curly hair,I have been getting in thinned for like 2-3 cuts now.It seems to be getting thinner but its still not what i want.And I need some tips about straightening hair without hot iron.My hair is naturaly curly and wavy.Can someone help me out about getting those asian hairstyle looks cause their hair looks so smooth and sharp on the edges.How do i attain that look?

A. japanese hair straightening is permanent and it makes your hair straight. Not quite as straight as most asians have, but are you sure that would look good on you? Anyway it is worth going to a hair dresser for a consultation and seeing if it might be a possibility. Other than that, you could cut your hair short and get straight extensions sewn in.


If I am going to the hairdresser today and want a style that is straightened, should I straighten my hair?
Q. my hair is naturally wavy.
i am planning on showing him a picture of a hairstyle i like.
the hair is straightened.

i straighten my hair and sometimes i dont,
so should i straighten my hair before i go?
or should i leave it wavy?

A. yah you should go with your hair straightened and then ask your hairdresser what he thinks and if he thinks it shouldnt be straightened then he will wash it for you.


How bad is straightening your hair with a flat iron?
Q. I have a professional flat iron that goes up to 420 degrees.
It wrks like a charm, i dont straighten my hair everyday, usually like 5 days a week ?
How bad is that?

A. Quite bad. I would recommend straighteners with a fixable temperature. If your hair is slightly wavy keep it lower and if it's super curly keep it high. Please remember to use heat protection spray. I wouldn't recommend straightening your hair after you blow dry, just do one or the other as you don't want to damage all the products you put in your hair such as conditioners, as im sure you don't want to lose moisture. Try not to straighten your hair everyday, okay? Why not try alternatives hairstyles like putting your hair up in a messy bun? Just keep looking after your hair if you straighten it! Keep it healthy!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment