Sunday, December 2, 2012

How do I preserve unusual hair colors?

Q. A large portion of my hair electric-turqoise. Over the years, I've found that my hair does not hold dye very well, and doing touch-ups with various at home dyes doesn't work well for me. Any suggestions for keeping my hair colored longer?
Ahh typo. A large portion of my hair is electric turqoise. Sorry.
Yeah, my hair was dyed professionally this time. I want to hold that for as long as I can, because all the home dyes I use haven't held for more than a few weeks. Thanks for the answers so far!

A. I found the same problem you're talking about with my (pink) hair. Basically, none of the dyes would last more than 2 weeks without completely fading out. Each dye reacts to each person's hair differently, so if you really want a good color, you'll pretty much have to try 'em all (my friend suggested Splat because it stayed in her hair for a month, and it only lasted a week in mine, so there was a slight difference there).

What I do now is keep the dye in longer than the suggested time on the bottle (if it says fifteen minutes, I'd leave it in twenty or thirty). That way it really saturates and doesn't come out as much. Bleaching first always helps the dye to stick, so you might want to try that to lengthen the time on your dye job. After the dye is in, wash your hair every other day with shampoo (if you just wet it with water, the dye usually won't come out). Of course, if you're super-concerned with washing your hair every day, then certainly go ahead and do that. Also, you can buy special shampoos made especially for unusually-dyed hair. One that I can think of now is manic panic colorizer shampoo (you can find it on their website, but I warn you, it's pretty expensive for a shampoo). It probably works best with their dye products, but it still doesn't hurt to try to leave in your color. Hope this helped...


How can i get back my natural hair color?
Q. I have been coloring since i was 13, now im 21! I tried most colors, such as red, black various shades of brown and off course highlights! Since i have curly hair i have tried to relax it, i tried it 3 times, and each time it left my hair dry and still wavey to curly! Its time to give my hair a break and bring it back to natural, the problem is I cant remember my natural hair color.

A. Hello, The best way to find out your natural color is to let it grow without coloring for at least six to eight weeks. Then have a hairstylist look at the color of the regrowth. Then choose a color that is at least one shade lighter. Hair is always darker at the scalp.
Then use a "Demi"-permanent color on your hair as close to your natural hair as possible. But I would caution you, Do not use a color that is Ash. Like Ask Brown or Ash Blonde.( Your hair could have a greenish look if you do) Use a Neutral or a Golden Brown or Blonde. Condition, Condition, Condition. Re-apply the color when the color fades, every two months probably. But do not leave it on more than five to ten minutes. If you hair is dry it will absorb too much of the color and get too dark. Condition, Condition, Condition!!
And do not relax your hair during this, it is very damaging to colored hair. Curls are beautiful, use a Curling Brush to soften the curl, if your hair is long, use the 1 1/4" Curling Brush if you can find it. Sally's might have one, if not, use the 1 inch brush. Condition, Condition, Condition. Use a leave-in conditioner like Infusium after every shampoo. Use a deep conditioner at least once a month or more.
Do not use a color from the store.If you can't afford to go to a good hairstylist, Go to a Sally's Beauty Suppy and buy a "Demi-color" and mix with 10 Volume Cream Peroxide. Mix equal parts, like 2 oz. of color and 2oz of peroxide. Leave on ten minutes, shampoo and Condition, Condition, Condition. Good Luck, Maureen


Should we preserve the different biological traits in the human species?
Q. Such unique traits include various eye color like blue eyes, various hair color like blonde, brown, red, black, and the various skin tones like really light skin to really dark skin.

Should we preserve the different types of these to keep the diverse appearences of humans and to make the world more unique in interesting or should we mix them all up to get something completely new?
Jamal K: its about finding ways to preserve the different traits, it does not mean people can not date outside of their race if they choose, its ways of finding preservation whether through insermination or various policies.

A. Don't worry, we already perserved them when we mapped the human genome. In the near future, anyone can change their trait as they please.


Do you know if the the professional Roux Hair Color Still market it's permanent hair colors?
Q. Roux makes temporary hair colors , Shampoo,and various other product are sold in Beauty Supply company for professional use I interested in permanent hair colors for professional use. Thanks you!

A. Isn't Roux part of Revlon? Maybe you can write them or look on there website.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment