Thursday, December 6, 2012

How long does hair dye last after you buy it and store it away?

Q. Cvs has hair dye on sale and I want to buy some and store it away for awhile.

A. There should be an expiration date on the box. Just make sure you don't try to store hair dye you have already mixed because once you mix the chemicals it cannot be reused and should be thrown out immediately after the first use.


How can I get rid of that dingy tint from hair dye?
Q. I use Dark-n-lovely permanet hair dye, as well as the relxer. I don't want to dye my hair anymore. I used the natural black to cover 5% of my now graying hair.Being out in the sun has changed my hair to redish a brown looking tint. How can I bring my hair back to its natural color,so that the gray will be pretty and silvery and get rid of the dingy tint?

A. go to sallys (sally beauty supply) and they have all these hair remedies for hair dye accidents. how is your water? is it hard or soft? that can also play a role in how the chemicals in your hair react. if you go to sallys they have a wide variety of stuff to even out and tone your color and get rid of unwanted messes. good luck :)

ALSO...dont color over color! it doesnt work!


How to get hair dye off of wood cabinets?
Q. How do you get hair dye off of wood cabinets? The stain is settled on there. Should I try sanding it and then refinishing it? Or would that ruin it?

A. If your cabinets are white, try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's basically like a sponge, and what I use when I get hair dye on my countertop. It works *great*. But, it also can bleach/discolor darker colors, and isn't a sure thing. I'm really not sure how it will go on wood.

And if that doesn't work, then yes, sanding and refinishing is probably your best bet. It sounds like you'll want to paint the cabinet, not try to stain it.


how can I remove a hair-dye stain from my carpet?
Q. I spilled black hair dye all over my carpet...is there anything I can use to get the stains up? All I have tried is pet stain remover, which did nothing.

A. Getting hair dye out of carpet is tough - and if you're to have much luck it's best if you can get at the stain immediately.

Here's what to do:


Things You�ll Need:

Dishwashing Liquid
Cleaning Cloths
Cloth
Vinegar


Step1
Blot the stain immediately with a clean, white cloth.

Step2
Mix a solution of 1/4 tsp. liquid hand-dishwashing soap and 1 cup lukewarm water.

Step3
Blot stain with soap solution, using a clean, white cloth. Blot from the outside of the stain, working inward.

Step4
Let sit a few minutes.

Step5
Mix a solution of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts lukewarm water.

Step6
Dab stain with vinegar solution, again working from the outside in.

Step7
Once the stain has disappeared, flush the area with cold water and blot dry with a clean, white cloth.
____________________

If you don't have success with these methods, you will have to call in a professional carpet cleaner.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment