Thursday, December 6, 2012

How do I clean a white shirt that has been splattered with hair dye?

Q. I recently went with my friend to get her hair dyed at his sisters house. She was dying her hair black, and unfortunately, as I was watching her, bits of hair dye speckled on my brand new white shirt. Now, there are tiny spots of black dye that are on my shirt. How do I clean this? I can't bleach the entire shirt because the collar has hot pink lining that I dont want to turn white.

Thanks!

A. I have had good luck with the Clorox Bleach Pen when it comes to getting tough stains out of white areas of my children's shirts. You just need to make sure it doesn't get on the colored parts because it will ruin them.

I haven't tried it on hair dye, but I've used it on permanent marker (and various other impossible stains) with success.


What can you use to remove hair dye from the bathroom walls?
Q. I have some permanent hair dye spots on the wall that I just noticed. Any idea what I can use to remove them? The paint is a satin finish. Thanks.

A. i don't think there is anything that you can use. i have hair dye on the walls and on the sink..and it's jet black. i tried everything and nothing helped. but if you find out let me know.GOOD LUCK!


What are the best kinds of hair dye for an African American male like myself?
Q. I plan to add a white streak of hair dye into my hair and I was wondering what is the best way to do so. Do they make white hair dye? Will I have to bleach it?

I would love to know!
Thanks!
My hair is in an afro.

A. think of hair dye like paint - can you paint white over black successfully?
White is the colour of no pigment in your hair. You will have to bleach it to a very pale yellow and then add some blue toner to it until it goes white (blue counter-acts yellow).

I suggest going to the hairdresser to do this, because African American hair tends to be a bit harder to dye. This will also ensure you dont give yourself a 'chemical haircut', which is the over-usage of chemicals to turn the hair to jelly and then it falls out.. which could very easily be a reality if you dont know what your doing and plan to bleach it until it goes white!

And with the style of your hair, a hairdresser would know the best place to put the streak, and shouldent be too expensive either.

Good luck!!


How can I take black hair dye out of my hair without bleaching it?
Q. I want to get black hair dye out of my hair without ruining it with bleach. Any suggestions?

A. You can do one of two things, to remove most of that dye.

1. By using Tide detergent with shampoo
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Dye-from-H�

or

2. By shampooing you hair mix with a bit of Dawn.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2139523_use-dawn�

Here's an example what hair stripping will do to your hair.
It is worst than hair dyes.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;�
Google hair dyes & cancer also. There are those who tan & smoke all their lives & do not get cancer, but there are those 2nd hand & 3rd hand smoke who do and are currently on oxygen because they can't breath or have cancer. Same with hair dyes.

Source(s):
I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment