Thursday, December 6, 2012

How does Henna work on changing the color of black african american hair?

Q. I want to dye my hair, but naturally. Ive heard about henna and seen the results from lighter colored hair to another color. I have not had my hair chemically stripped or anything for color, only perms...so i wanted to know if it would work or would it be a waste of money

A. Because you've had perms, and I assume you want to have more in the future, henna (a vegetable dye with metallic salts) is not an option for you. It will destroy the bonds between the amino acids that make up the internal structure of your hair. This will make the hair turn into sticky goo mush.


is coloring your hair and getting a perm at the same time damage your hair?
Q. I am thinking of coloring my hair black and getting a perm at the salon at the same time time will it really damage your hair?

A. I think the colour will not be right. Ask any salon first what they would recommend. Probably want you to leave a week or so in between.


Is it safe to perm hair if you color your hair?
Q. I used to color my hair, but now I'm trying to grow the color out. I've been using baking soda and head and shoulders shampoo to slowly strip the color out without using those harsh color strippers. Even though there's still dyed hair color in my hair, is it safe to perm it? Or would I need to wait to perm it until the color is fully out?

A. a curly perm? you dont need to wait. as long as your hair does not have have any type of chemicals other than die then your fine. the perm will actually lighten your hair - take the artificial color out in some parts . the neutralizer often makes the hair lighter due to the hydrogen peroxide. hope i helpedd


Does semi-permanent hair coloring lighten your hair for good?
Q. I have black color hair and I want to try out either a red or a blond color for this summer to see how it would look. If I use the hair color, will it lighten my hair for good?

Btw, I've been looking at the Garnier Fructis Herbashine Semi-Permanent hair dye.

A. Semi perms will not lighten the hair for good. Think of it as more of a stain. if you wanted to go blond, then you'd probably have to bleach it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment