Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How do I get straight hair to stay curly or wavy?

Q. I have naturally straight hair and have been trying everything to get it to stay wavy or curly. I will finally get looking natural and nice beach waves but within an hour they fall flat. Is there anything I can do about this?

A. Hey I have very straight, thick hair so when I curl it it falls out pretty quick. I have found recently though that if I use John Frieda's Curl Reviver from the Frizz-Ease collection when my hair is damp the curl holds a lot longer and the hair looks natural. I also use Wella Firm Hold hair spray after I have created each curl and because sometimes hairspray can make hair look fake and sorta of hard I spray the curl, gently brush through it so it doesn't lose it's shape and then gently respray again. I went out a few weeks ago after doing this and my curls stayed perfect all night and looked really natural and everyone said I looked really nice in the pictures. Hope I helped =)

Also I usually use a straightener to curl my hair because I don't think curlers work as well on me. Also if you're wanting the beachy look divide your hair into 4 plaits, 2 either side of the head (with wet hair) and allow it to dry. Then go over the plaits with the straighteners and also hair spray each braid and leave to cool and this will make sure the hair stays wavy longer.


How come alot of people think that straight hair is boring?
Q. I have straight hair, but it has layers and side bangs. It looks so cute, however some friends of mine always suggest for me to curl or wave it because it would look better.

A. straight hair has come back...yeah. look at all the stars, with their natural straight hair. i used to perm mine and it just ruined my hair. i went back to my straight hair and it is very healthy, most important, i'm happy with it. keep your hair the way it is. i think this is the best, and don't let peer pressure get in the way of how you really feel....your present style sounds GREAT!


Is there a way to achieve straight hair without a straightening perm?
Q. Is there any way to achieve straight hair, that looks like you've had a straightening perm (or it's called Japanese Straightening or something) but without actually having the perm?

I've already attempted flat ironing it..it's slightly straighter, but still very wavy. It goes back to normal after washing, so it just gets even more damage every time I straighten it.My hair is long, thick, and wavy.

A. Yeah, everytime you straighten your hair, youre damaging it. So if you really want straight hair everyday, Id dish out the money to have it professionally straightened. It will save you tons of time and stress on your hair.


What is the best scrunching product for poker straight hair?
Q. Hi,

I have naturally poker-straight hair, and I really want to be able to get those scrunched-in waves (y'know, without any heat). What is the best product to do this? I've heard that Herbal Essences Totally Twisted is good, but I think that might be for people who have a natural curl?

Thanks in advance,

Andie :)

A. Hi,

If you have naturally poker straight hair, then you're not going to be able to scrunch your hair to get a decent wave in it. If you don't want to use heat, then sleep in big sponge rollers overnight - that will give you the wave you're looking for.

~Mystic.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment