Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What hairstyle is best for shoulder length, thick, wavy hair?

Q. My hair falls just above the shoulders. It is very thick and is wavy on the top, but curly underneath. I want a new hairstyle for my new school. My face is an oval shape. Any suggestions would be great! If you have any questions, just ask! Thanks in advance! -M

A. Well I hope you are ready for this because I have a lot, Now I am not a Hair Stylist or a Barber or an expert in that sense, But I am here to help by at least pointing you in the right direction to those who can, One of these ways is to show you a list of Yahoo Groups that specialize in various Hairstyles who do have people who do. I also have searched the Web for many of these answer in advance (Saving YOU the Time of doing the reaserch yourself).
I do have preferences in Hairstyles that I prefer on Women, However I do not expect some women to share that preferance, I prefer the Bob Style on women but am not limited to that Style, I also Like Long Silky Hairstyles as well, all Types, Blondes, Brunettes & Readheads.
I hope the below Listed Links to Various Yahoo Groups helps.
bobhairstylesandhaircuts · Bob Hairstyles and Haircuts - Many Pictures of Bob Hairstyles and Short Haircuts
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bobhairstylesandhaircuts/

These are some Example Photos
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/slickyboy40/?action=view&current=2f9d.jpg

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/slickyboy40/?action=view&current=33391.jpg

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/slickyboy40/?action=view&current=33347.jpg

This Group Has Feel Good Look Good Hairstyles for 2012
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/feelgoodlookgoodhairstyles/

This site is run by one who presenst the very best hairstyles from some of world's greatest hairstylists taken by him at hair shows.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hairshows/


In this group we will discuss and share hairstyle ideas.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hairstyle_How2/

This site is for women who like a wet slicked back look.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greaserwomen/

You Might Like this Group
Beautiful Women's Hair
This group features beautiful women with hair that is long, short, curly, straight, updo, down, brushed, braided, ponytail, pigtails, afro, in rollers or curlers, greased, wet, underwater, shampooed, under a hat, classic, retro, indian, black, blonde, brunette or redhead.

This group has over 3425 photos. Any photos you would like to have considered must be posted to the "Xtras -Add Your Photos Here" album. From there I will either move the photos to an existing album, create a new album or delete those photos that don't fit the group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beautifulwomenshair/

This site contains Hundreds of links to sites for hairstyles, haircuts & fashions
http://www.hairfinder.com/


How should I wear my hair to prom?
Q. I have really fine thin hair that isn't too long but it's a little longer than medium lenghth. I also have a few small layers in it. My dress is strapless and it's fitted at the top and is sparkly, then it flows out into a mermaid style. I looking for something flirty and sexy but still elegant enough for prom. Any ideas?

A. http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=VXYBcZxFD8rGiM:&imgrefurl=http://www.takadanama.com/2011/11/hairstyles/long-wedding-hairstyles-with-best-long-hairstyles-2012.html/&docid=z6uT7Kyg6_IaFM&imgurl=http://www.takadanama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Bridal-long-Wedding-hairstyles-2012.jpg&w=500&h=717&ei=_OepT7m3G8-K0QHSl-STBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=306&vpy=207&dur=48&hovh=269&hovw=187&tx=104&ty=145&sig=108479089399665266079&page=2&tbnh=123&tbnw=88&start=27&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:27,i:232&biw=1016&bih=589


How to get all of my left over dark hair out?
Q. I have always dyed my hair either dark brown to black. I tried to go to light brown but not all of my black came out. I stripped my hair and dyed it the color I wanted. The top of my hair came out a blonde to a light brown but under neath is still dark brown. If I dyed my hair again would the dark brown come out? If not, what will get it out?

A. You've got more chemicals on your hair than I have in a year!
Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.
Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."
Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye
The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe�en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It�s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It�s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores. PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.
Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye. Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.

Bad Hair Habit: Stripping Out Hair Dye
Smart hair care includes what not to do. If you have a change of heart after you dye your hair a dark shade, stripping out the color will open the cuticle so much that it won't lie as flat as before, says Kim Steckbeck, master stylist at Studio 21 hair salon in Woodstock, Ga. The result is hair damage with dry, brittle, frizzy tresses. "Black is the hardest to remove," she says. "It typically must be done with bleach. This leaves unwanted tones in the hair. Then, you must recolor to a desirable shade. This is very stressful on the hair."


Who thinks that awesome circus hair is the coolest thing in the whole freaking universe?!?
Q. I dyed my best friends hair bleach blonde and the bottom is dyed black for the bottom layer. She has blue and purple streaks in her hair and then to top it of she has red streaks in her roots and a black streak in her bangs...... Who thinks that it is freaking awesome that she look like a circus exploded in her brain and seeped out of her skull and into her hair?

A. I agree.

So why did you agree to help her get there?

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye.
Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment