Thursday, December 6, 2012

How did women with naturally curly hair style their hair in the 1940s and 1950s?

Q. there are a bunch of web sites on how to style straight hair into a 1940s or 1950s look, but how bout those with natural curl?

A. Back then, they used what is referred to as "pin curls". It's where you wind up sections of hair into little swirls, and hold it in place with bobby pins. Very effective to get curly WILD hair. lol :D My mother used to pin curl my hair (long time ago) and it never failed to give me a lot of body.


What are some cool ways to style long, straight hair with side bangs?
Q. I have pretty long (like halfway down my back kind of long), relatively straight hair and I'm always looking for new ways to style it. I also have side bangs that go to the left.
One of my favorite things to do with it is wash it at night, dry it and then put it in either two or three long braids and take it out in the morning.

Any ideas?

A. Hi,

I have that length hair, and left side bangs too.
Here is what I do. I generally straighten my hair, with a flat iron. A good kind to use to Chi. Another thing I do is scrunch. Here is how to do it:

Take a shower, and wash your hair. Shampoo and condition it.
When you get out, squeeze your hair with a dry towel, making your hair damp. You might have to even dry it with a hair dryer for 1 minute to make it a little bit dryer. Now, the scrunching gel that I recommend is Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch Gel [extra strong]. Put a quarter sized amount in your hand, bend your head over leaving your hair falling towards the ground, and scrunch the gel with your fingers into your hair. You may have to do this repeatedly until it really scrunched. Then you can dry it with a hair dryer for 30 seconds. I usually clip my side bangs to the left, keeping it off of my eyes, or over on top of my forehead.

I hope I helped!!


What is the best method besides a curling iron to curl and style really straight hair?
Q. I have really straight hair and i have thought about styling my hair and making it curly but pretty and easy to do and work with. what is the best way to do it? suggestions? recommendations? thanks

A. Hot rollers. My hair is SUPER straight, and curling irons never, ever worked for me. I bought a hot roller set from Target for about $25, and my hair has beautiful curls all day (with hairspray, of course).
Just leave them in your hair for about 10 minutes, spray, shake out, spray again, and you're good. I love 'em.


How do i style my extremely straight hair?
Q. I am a woman who has extremely straight hair and i get soo bored with it. i don't want to perm it or anything. any helpful hair tips, styling advice, or hairdos i can do.

A. I know how that is. My hair is super extremely straight. Sometimes shorter hairstyles work best for really straight hair, but if you're like me, I love having long hair. Sometimes when I get bored with my hair I just use a straightener, or a curling iron to put soft curls in my hair just to make it a little wavy. it's fun for a day, and i can do something different tomorrow. good luck and have fun just playing with different styles when you have some down time to mess around with it a while...like on a day when you don't have to go anywhere or do anything.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment