Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Have you ever dyed your hair at home by yourself?

Q. For me, I will go to the barbershop to dye my hair, as I tink it's hard for me to dye hair at home all by myself. The hairdresser has to use so many tools to dye hair. So I don't think I can dye hair at home, anyway I have no such tools at all.
And you?

A. I just dyed my hair at home. Very convenient! You don't need the "tools" at all, what you need is just some color bugs! I bought a Kevin Murphy color bug here:
http://abhair.com/product/color-bug-by-kevin-murphy?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ask_answer&utm_campaign=20120703_answer_ssc
You can dye your hair as many colors as you like buy using the color bug.
If you don't know how to use it, watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpshDYqD0I, very easy, right? Just have a try.


Can you dye your hair at home after getting your hair highlighted professionally?
Q. For about two and a half years straight, I've gotten my hair highlighted blonde all over at a salon. Lately, I've been trying to save some money, and it would help a lot if I could dye my hair at home. The catch is, I want to go back to my natural color--a medium brown color. Is it safe for me to try and do this myself, or should I get a professional to do it?

A. If you want your EXACT natural color back, go to a salon so they can strip your hair and get it back to it's original base. If you have a pretty close idea of the natural color, then you should have no problem doing it at home. Go for a more expensive brand (like that new Natural Match dye, or even Herbal Essense)... just make sure it doesn't contain ammonia which can fry your hair.. depending how long your hair is, you may want to use 2 boxes to ensure that you covered all of it.. it's also good to have a friend help you to make sure you cover all your roots and underneath.

Just make sure you don't dye your own hair at home too soon after you've had it done professionally. Give your hair at least 3-4 weeks break before dying again, to once again, avoid frying your hair.


How do you dye your hair at home?
Q. I want to dye my hair at home bu last time it faded (dyed it darker). This time I want to dye it lighter (in some places) and darker in others. SO what dye should I use?

A. Hopefully you know what you're doing, haha. Don't buy box dye; it fades quickly and can actually get very expensive. Go to Sally's or a local beauty store and buy the dye and the mix. Ask the clerk for help; hopefully she will know what she's talking about. To go lighter, you will have to buy bleach. Also, in order to get some areas darker than others, you will need to foil your hair because the dark may leak into the bleach or the bleach will leak into the dark. You will also need to get a dye applicator brush, a plastic bowl, a dye applicator bottle, and a few pairs of latex/non-latex gloves.

Unless you have done this before, I actually suggest going to a salon.


How to dye my hair at home?
Q. I need a hairstylist or someone who dyes their hair at home a lot to help me.

I know to just follow the directions on the box but I'd like some extra tips.

My friends sister turned into a b*tch and won't do it for me anymore. She had some good tools and now she's "charging."

Sooo any tips? THanks tons!<33

A. Just do what it says on the box and you will be fine. It is not hard at all.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment