Sunday, December 2, 2012

How should i keep my curly hair at home?

Q. What style should i do with my curly hair at home? I cant moose it or gel it or straighten it because i want it to grow so what should i do? Ive got all summer to make my hair healthy

A. wear a headband! that way ur hair doesnt get in ur face....
and put the rest of your hair up in a ponytail!
that way it is completely out of ur way, and u can stay fresh, without it making u hot and sweaty!


How to straighten your hair without damaging it?
Q. I tend to straighten my hair every day because I do not know another alternative to styling my hair without it looking beyond dumb. Anyways, is there any products out there that will help restore damaged hair and protect it? Is there a home remedy? Or is there any way to style hair without heat and without it looking stupid? I would like to make it healthy before I dye it, so the damage will not be as bad. Thanks(:

A. Heat spray by Aussie best ever!!!!


How do I communicate better with a hair stylist?
Q. I don�t know if something is wrong with how I explain things, or if most stylists are afraid of cutting short hair.

I bring photos of what I want and everything. I explain what I like about the photos, length, layering, lines etc., but they never get it.

I say I want the back tapered down and want to feel a fuzzy back of my head, they leave it longer (so I have the joy of it growing in like a mullet.) I say I want my hair cut away around my ears (even hold the part I want cut a way) and they leave it over my ears. I show the longer pixie-styled hair in front of the ears and say I like it, they chop them away until they are almost gone.

I have tried several stylists, and only rarely do I get a haircut that is similar to what I showed and explained. I often have to go home in �fix it� with scissors when I get home. It is like I am gambling each time I get a hair cut. I will always lose the $40, but it is only slightly possible I will walk away happy.

A. Hey Lillyian :]
I have the SAME exact problem with hair stylists.
I think they are afraid to take too much off... I'd keep asking them to take a little more until they take too much and then my hair grows out all funky.
I had the same problem with the one time I asked them to color my hair a couple years ago... they really didn't get what I was asking them to do... I've never let them color my hair again.
I just do it myself now... you should try it. One day I just took scissors to my hair... and it turned out exactly how I wanted it. LOL I guess they can't read minds... only I know how I want my hair... it's not exactly their fault, I guess it's partly mine for not being able to properly explain how I want my hair... hmmm
Come over here! I'll cut your hair! LOL after all we are state neighbors...


Is not putting on makeup and styling my hair a sign of depression?
Q. Ever since I can remember, I have always liked to put on makeup and look the best I can, even when I am home. As for my hair, at least some curls or nicely put up, but for the last month I can't seem to get myself to put makeup and style my hair. I just shower, wash my hair to let dry by itself and that's it.

This is not me. I feel fine, I think, in all other areas. What could be happening to me?

A. A decrease in personal hygiene levels definitely is one sign of depression but without other symptoms (loss of interest in old favorite activities, social withdrawal, unexpected crying or anger, sleeping way too little or way too much) I wouldn't get too worried about it. Maybe you're just having a shift in priorities. Looks mattered a lot to me when I was single and younger, slowly became less important as I grew up and developed my own personality.

Just keep paying attention to how you're feeling.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment