Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to be a girly girl in two weeks?

Q. Please don't tell me to act dumb or say OMG 27/7. I want to be a real girly girl. I think it's time for a change in perspective now that it is almost spring where I live. The weather is getting warmer, so some spring and summer fashion tips would be helpful. My birthday is also coming up soon so I really want to change before then. Maybe something about personality, hair and makeup etc.( I'm going to be thirteen, so not going to be wearing any kind of bright makeup)Thank you.

A. Oooh! Makeovers! (So fun!!) I did the same exact thing when I turned thirteen. I was just kindof a normal, plain-ish girl before then and I really wanted to switch gears. I think something about entering puberty triggers your femininity and you want to be a little girly. It's completely normal and healthy.

Hygiene - Shower every day. Shampoo/condition your hair, use a body wash and shave. You don't have to shampoo or shave everyday, but do it often enough that you're always completely clean. As soon as you get out and towel off, apply on body lotion (scented is good!) to make your skin silky and soft. If your eyebrows are thick and bushy, learn to pluck them, but that's a lesson for another time. Add a shine serum to your damp hair to make you hair shiny and bouncy. If your hair is flat, add stuff to make it voluminous. If it's curly, add a curl mousse. Basically, use whatever products you need. If you have time, airdry, because that's better for your hair, but blow dry it if you need to. Then, you can either straighten or curl your hair using the respective irons. Learn about your hair type and it's specific needs. Try to do a different hairstyle everyday, alternating between about five different kinds. (Plan out your five signature looks, like "side-braid," "high pony", "french braid", "hair down" etc. Do whatever fits your personality and you are comfortable with.) Learn to incorporate hair things like ribbons, bows, headbands, etc. Use deodorant and brush your teeth at least twice a week. Once a month, whiten them if you are allowed to. If you have any upper lip hair, wax it off. Make sure your eyebrows are groomed. Use a body mist or perfume but do it SUPER subtle-ly and lightly so you don't smell overwhelming to people.
Makeup - If you have any acne, take care of that with concealer. If you WANT to use a foundation, I reccomed BareMinerals, but since you're only 13, you probably don't need that. What we'll focus on is eyemakeup. I'd steer away from eyeshadow for a while. When I was in middle school, I used a thin line of eyeliner on my bottom lash line and a ton of mascara to pump of the volume of my eyelashes. Use simple makeup (but plenty of eyemakeup) if you are allowed to. Avoid "colors" which will make you look painted. If you are pale, use a teensy bit of blush, but avoid overdoing it or you will look like your grandma. Something popular with the middle schoolers these days is mastering the liquid eyeliner and just putting some on the top lid and adding mascara to the top lash line.. Research your eyeshape and do eyemakeup accordingly. Really, all you need is a little mascara, some blush and a dab of lipgloss if you like the way that looks.
Wardrobe - Okay, so it's spring/summer, so invest in some girly sandals and a really cute pair of girly flipflops. You'll need a couple pairs of cutesy, girly shorts and some TOPS. Note that I said tops, not T-SHIRTS. This is not "graphic t shirt time," this is sophisticated, grown-up TOP time.
I really reccomend investing in some floral dresses. They are SUPER in style this season and look beautiful and feminine.
Here's an example:
http://thefashionbiscuit.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/floral-dress.jpg
http://www.hipsterchic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Chloe-Floral-Dress-2.jpg
Shop @ Forever 21, and Charlotte Russe. Those are my go-to stores for super girly fashion and I LOVE them. Don't be afraid to buy a skirt or bright, pastel jeans. Those are CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! =D
Remember, vintage is in, long and flowy is in and ripped up and masculine is OUT. [:
Buy form-fitting things that flatter your figure and make you look like a WOMAN. {:
Behavior - politeness is a MUST! Brush up on manners, eat in a ladylike way, walk in a lady like way, carry a purse, smile, and make eye contact. Confidence is key. Work on having a cute laugh.
Lifestyle - take up a girly hobby like baking or knitting. Be sure to talk alot, go to parties, plan events with friends. Be spontaneous and take up reading and pay attention to pop culture. Have plenty of girlfriends. Compliment people awesome and take the time to smell the roses. People will always remember if you were nice to them and they'll admire that. Pick a style icon and role model. You can also have more than one. It can be your mom, your aunt, Audrey Hepburn, Taylor Swift, or Marilyn Monroe. It can be Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton or Jane Crawford. Anyone who you feel really embodies the look you strive for.
My personal icons are Jackie Kennedy, my grandmother, and Taylor Swift. They're girly, have an amazing sense of sophistication and flair and aren't afraid to be themselves.
I use Pinterest to help me with fashion ideas!
Here's my style board full of pics to give you inspiration:
http://pinterest.com/eccentricglam/a-peek-into-my-stylish-wardrobe/


Can I dye my hair from brown back to blonde?
Q. About two months ago, I dyed my hair, which is naturally a dirty blonde to light brown color, dark brown. It lightened to a medium brown and is getting lighter with all the summer weather. What should I do to get it to either a dark or a golden blonde? I dye it myself at home.

A. Without risks? You can't.
Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011
When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"


One example: MY HAIR DRESSER DYED MY HAIR GREY. I've been crying for the last 2 hours, I want to kill that bish for destroying what was amazing bleach blonde hair. AND to make things worse, she cut my extensions WAY too short.

"23 years old Rihanna is well known for changing her hairstyle and hair colour on a regular basis and it looks as though all those treatments have finally begun to take their toll on her mane and perhaps her common sense." US Showbiz 2-18-12 Rihanna has reportedly paid $23,500 for an emergency haircut after hers was ruined in a sauna, to fly out hair stylist from L.A. to London..The Province 3-1-12.
A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye.
Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.
Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."
Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye
The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe�en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It�s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It�s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.
PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

Sources:
Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.
Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?


Will this baby oil still work for tanning?
Q. Last summer, I left a bottle of baby oil outside. It's been out there since the end of last August. Will it still work for tanning even though it's been through all the harsh weather?

A. Oil just burns you more.

Tanning comes & go, unless you do them everyday 24/7 for the rest of your life. But in the end the only thing you'll benefit is either moles, freckles, skin tags or discolorations from sunscreens, lotions, etc. and the more you do, the more they get larger, darker & bumpier. My nephew had a membership in a tanning bed salon for a year. After it expired, he stopped, now he's as white as before he began.

Tanning, is a result for 'damaged skin' and no products can reverse you from skin cancer or damaged skin, may prevent you from pre-mature aging, but that's part of the billion dollar beauty industry.
A new study conducted by the Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Dermatology has found that tanning bed exposure can be dangerous when tanners self-diagnose skin problems and use the radiation to treat skin eruptions. The study specifically found that a tanning bed user that used the radiation to treat a mild skin rash caused by an ibuprofen allergy developed a much more severe reaction called toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN). When left untreated, TEN can be fatal.
Melanoma is the leading cause of death from skin disease. An estimated 76,259 new cases of skin cancer will be reported particularly among women in their 20's & 30's, and that's 6,020 more than 2011, people died from the disease, according to the National Cancer Institute. Two million people are diagnosed with skin cancer in the US each year, according to the EPA's Sun-Wise Program. That's more than breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer cases combine!

Watch Mirror, Mirror when the evil queen played by Julia Roberts wanted to look as fair as the princess played by Lily Collins. I came from a vacay in Ireland, and many of the people there working in the profession (luxury hotels and banks, etc.) have beautiful white complexion!
This is what beautiful flawless skin looks like:
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/dos-and-donts/hairstyle-pictures-today/2012/05/15/zooey-deschanel-side-swept-chocolate-curls
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/dos-and-donts/hairstyle-pictures-today/2012/05/14/kate-middleton-red-carpet-updo

I've been protecting myself from the sun since age 9, but no matter, I got Discoid Lupus. Google that one. It was like someone punched my chin and it gave a purplish mark. It took 12 years for that to fade, so now I'm using a wide brim hat or umbrella for protection. Gene Simmons & Shannon both have been seen hold an umbrella during an event. They were invented before beauty products, for a reason. Google also Bullous Pemphegoid, photos, another skin disorder.

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.


What hair styles could I do for my high school prom?
Q. My hair on the left side goes to my chest but over the summer I cut off the right side up to my ear. At the time that I had cut it, I hadn't considered my prom coming up.

I'm more of a unique girl and I don't want hairstyles that the other girls will have. I like wild hairstyles and I'd like something very unique for prom.

Thanks for the help!

A. Welll since one side is shorter you could cornrow one side like this:
http://girlstalkinsmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/shakira-cornrows-lgn-73582532.gif
But then kind of pull it into a formal side bun or pony tail:
http://www3.pictures.stylebistro.com/mp/mJqMNPnu0kzl.jpg
or:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_EBuAShdf21w/SkOoVuThDEI/AAAAAAAAAD4/aXqbzNnI_7Y/braid-hairstyle-summer-2010.jpg
or you could pull a katy perry and get a colored wig:
http://sexyfashionpictures.com/images/Katy-Perry/100606A1_PERRY_K_B-GR_08.jpg





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment