Friday, December 7, 2012

Is it possible to dye hair in a checker board pattern?

Q. Is it possible to dye hair in a checker board pattern? Say...orange and green?
The reason I want to do this Is because I havent seen a lot of people with this type of hair color/style its all that emo junk I think this would be somewhat original

A. YES!! We did it to my hair during Cosmotology school. This was back in the 80's - so what we did is take the clippers and form the lines of the checkerboard. Then very carefully clip the saran wrap to protect every other square, then bleach out the other sqaures. Mine was a dark maroon and white. We let it go from tight checkerboard on one side to just lines on the other - kind of like that artist - of course I can't remember his name right now...good luck! Have fun with it! It grows back!


How to convince religious mom to dye hair?
Q. I want to dye my hair red, I have light brown hair with natural blond highlights but I don't like it because I look like everyone else, even if I have a weird haircut.
Every time I ask, my mom says its "devilish" to dye hair.

Any help on trying to convince her?
I'm 14 years old.

A. how old are you. if you are a kid, then you need to abide by parents rules or move out if you dont like it.

edit*

ok dear, you are quite young and you do need to do what mom says. Just think you only have 4 more years of torture and then it is off to college..and then, you can do what you want..just be responsible.


How do you dip dye hair from home?
Q. I have blonde hair, and have brought semi-permanent hair dye - brown. How do you actually dip-dye hair and make it look effective?

Thank you.

A. there are a few different techniques. check out the links i have provided and have fun :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3ESxw1gW8&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJuUnIJ0tfw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ5_gAZTFCs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH4s0rTjOio&feature=related


What kind of shampoo and conditioner should I use for newly dyed hair?
Q. I'm gonna dye my hair tomorrow. And I only have repair shampoo and conditioner by schwarzkopf, should I use them after i dye my hair? Or do I have to get those shampoos specifically for dyed hair? Coz I want to prevent split ends and dry and damaged hair. Also will the colour fade if i use the repair shampoo instead of dye shampoo?

A. Try Redken. Ask your stylist for a sample and try it out. I highly recommend it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment