Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's the difference between hair wax, gel and clay?

Q. I have long, kinda wavy hair. My fringe is somewhat layered but it just looks like wilted weeds. It's not like it's oily or anything, it just lacks the kind of natural partings, so it looks like a lifeless mass.

I wana try styling it with hair products, but am not sure which one(s) to use. I don't reli knw the difference between the 3 mentioned in my question above and am not sure which one to choose.

I heard the choice depends on hair length and whether u want ur look to be "shiny". I wana opt for one that wld not make my hair sticky or reli hard. Also, I want it to be easily washed away.

PLease advise. Thx

A. well it doesn't TOTALLY depend. but somewhat
if it does look like a "mass of wilted weeds" then you should start by cutting it.
(hair cut adds or celeb styles come up with some good ones. you should choose someone that has the same face shape as you if you want to copy)
then if its short enough hair spray is nice. most girls don't take too much to the mucky hair gel stuff.
spray is nice cause it does almost the same as the other hair stuffs and is less "in the way"


What are some good sites for hair styling tips?
Q. I'm so bored with my medium-length, thick hair (always in a pony-tale, I might add) and I'm debating cutting it. Before I cut it, I thought I'd explore ways to make it look cute to see if I want to keep it or not. I need sites that show how to style my hair, what products to use, etc. Thanks for any and all help.

A. Check out our "Beauty Tips" section at www.dailymakeover.com where we cover everything from which products to use to which hairstyle is best for your face shape.

Have fun!


What hair products do I need to style my hair without making my hair crispy?
Q. Any suggestions or personal experience would help. If you wouldn't mind stating what products you use and what style hair you have that would be great. I personally want my hair kind of messy but I want it to hold without being hard.

A. I have straight hair, but i curl it, and put it in many hard to hold positions.

I recommend Dove Flexible Hold, it doesnt make your hair go as hard as any other hairspray! I love it and have used it for 1 1/2 years. It also smells so fresh and natural!

You'll love it!


What are some of the best hair products for healthy strong hair?
Q. Hey, I was just wondering if any one knows some hair treatments to make sure I don't get split ends, brittle hair, and dry and damaged. If you guys know any good hair products because I have tried a few and they don't make much difference. I have long hair and would like to keep it healthy if you guys know anything I would love to know even what suits your hair types thanks.

A. Healthy hair comes from: your good genes, good hair care and all the healthy foods you eat daily from Mother Nature - not made by man.

There's no way no one can prevent split ends. Less so, if you don't abuse the hair using chemicals and styling heating tools. Hair products are not made of glue to prevent, fix, prevent and reverse hair from split ends or hair damage.

Natural hair means no relaxer, no chemical to straighten your hair out, no styling heating tools. The way it grows out your root, that�s the way you rock it.

CARE: 1. Washing less often, builds the natural oil your hair needs, to get them smoother, shinier, silkier, softer. Man-made products are just temporary, until you wash them again, and at the same time washing off the natural oil your hair NEEDS. Hair products just absorb on your hair if they're dry, like a sponge. Shampoo & condition is all you need.
Jessica Simpson have figured it out, she said she wash her hair every week. She used to abuse her hair, then start selling hair extensions because her hair starting falling from all the chemicals, but she woke up and found out how to keep her hair healthy AGAIN.

When you wash your hair with one of those nutrient-rich shampoos or conditioners, most of the nutrients and active ingredients in the product don�t actually end up in your hair, they wind up down the drain� along with all the money you spent on the shampoo. It is HOW you use to style your hair or what styling tools that damage the hair, and what chemicals you're adding to the hair, not the shampoo or conditioner.

2. If you want your hair soft, you can briefly blow dry it, set them in curlers or pin curls them, blow dry, let them cool off, take the curlers &/or pins, finger tousle the hair or brush lightly to style. They will be silky & soft & shiny (for straight hair).

3. Cutting your split ends yourself, spend 5-10 mins. on a sunny day so you can easily spot them, using a 2" scissors, cut strand by strand, section by section, allowing new growth to take over. Then 2x a year, get a good hair cut. This won't speed things up, but it will make the hair look healthier while it's growing. Even healthy hair like mine get them, due to normal brushing & styling.

DIET: If you've straightened your hair in the past, it may grow slowly or none at all.
Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" - Your hair may be the fastest-growing tissue in the body but, unlike the skin, it cannot repair itself. That is why getting the right balance of vitamins and proteins is imperative. Don't expect to look like you've stepped out of a hair commercial the day after you've changed your diet. It is likely to take at least three months before you actually see tangible results.

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth nor it will make your hair stronger. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tampered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment