Friday, December 7, 2012

What kind of hair extensions should I use if I have naturaly curly hair?

Q. I currently use clip in human hair extensions ,but im kind of getting tired of putting them in all the time . I have naturally curly hair, like, REALLY curly hair, and It's short. Shoulder length, when It's straightened. I straighten it every day because I don't like it curly. I was wondering if I could use those nail tip hair extensions, and how i would straighten my hair if i had those in, or glue in ones, which im not too fond of the idea, but would i be able to straighten my hair if i used those? Or should i stick with clip in ones?

A. If you use real human hair extensions, they will take being treated the same as your own hair, although you will probably want straight ones.

As well as glue in ones, have a look at the new style Micro Ring type extensions - they are semi permanent and less damaging, although probably need professional fitting unless you have a friend who is good at that kind of thing.

Clip in are more flexible, especially if you have a couple of different sets.


How much is the application of hair extensions normally?
Q. I want to get hair extensions put in professionally, I also want my hair dyed one solid color, where do the prices range?

And for how long do they stay in?

A. The type of hair extension, the amount of hair used, the length of hair or the look desired. Also, geography plays a part. NYC, LA, Chicago, will be more expensive that smaller towns across the USA, due to expenses incurred by the salon.

A top of the line hair extension system like Great Lengths, HairDreams, Remylinks, will cost more because of the premium nature of the hair. It costs the salon more money to buy, hence the added costs to the customer. To add body to hair, figure you need $600 and up, to add length, figure $1500 and up.

There are more affordable methods. In general with what I said earlier, the duration the extension lasts, plays a factor in price also. If it last a couple of months, it will be cheaper than something that lasts up to 6 months. You can get a system like UltraTress and Simplicity for around $500, which is an affordable option.

Be careful just judging on price. If it cost $200 for full head of hair extensions, stay away. They will probably destroy your hair.

Use only 100% Natural Remy Human Hair Extensions. Avoid Synthetic, and make sure the person is a licensed hair dresser.


Do hair extensions and straightening perms work together?
Q. I want to get hair extensions because my hair does not grow but my hair is sligthly wavyy and i straighten it everyday. By the end of the day it comes unstraigthened and has a wave to it.
If i get extensions would it be smarter to straigthen the rest of my hair or get a straightening perm?

A. I heard that fusionhairsupply carries the wavy and various hair types. I would think that if you get wavy hair it would look more natural. You can also straighten your hair and get straight extensions too. As far as the combinations of hair extensions and straightening perms as you describe, I would say yes that they can work together(if applied at separate times). I see stylists use hair extensions and straighteners together all the time. First, they apply the straightener separately. Then, a week or two later, they add the hair extensions. Some stylists do both straighteners and hair extensions on the same day. Either way you choose I am sure it will look nice, good luck!!


What is the best brand of human hair extensions?
Q. I'm looking for hair extensions made from real human hair, not synthetic, and ones that have nice quality but are also affordable.

A. Hair extensions make you look trashy.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment