Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What kind of shampoo and conditioner should I use for newly dyed hair?

Q. I'm gonna dye my hair tomorrow. And I only have repair shampoo and conditioner by schwarzkopf, should I use them after i dye my hair? Or do I have to get those shampoos specifically for dyed hair? Coz I want to prevent split ends and dry and damaged hair. Also will the colour fade if i use the repair shampoo instead of dye shampoo?

A. Try Redken. Ask your stylist for a sample and try it out. I highly recommend it.


How do I hide dyed hair without having to use hats or scarves?
Q. The ends of my hair are purple and due to work, both unnatural hair colours and hats/scarves are not allowed. Is there a way to cover my dyed hair without having to dye it back to my original colour? It needs to look natural, so maybe wigs might not work either. What else can I do? Something easy please that I can get away with for a month. Thanks.

A. Put all your hair together, take a ponytail ring and tie it right above the purple hair and flip your purple ends under the rest of your hair, try to pin it there on the back of your head. It will make your hair look shorter but the color will be hidden.


What shampoos and conditioners have PH levels compatible with dyed hair?
Q. What shampoos and conditioners are best for dyed hair? Please include sources. Thanks!

A. Depending on the hair dye, you don't need special shampoo. Of course, you can go out and buy any shampoo/conditioner for colored hair but after you dye your hair, rinsing it in white vinigar will close your hair up and seal the color in for a while. I use it when I'm dying my hair with a semi permernant color it makes hair feel softer and keeps color in longer. You can go buy any shampoo for colored hair but for the most part, it isn't needed unless you are very OCD about your hair color.


How long should I leave my newly dyed hair without washing it to get the colour to stay in?
Q. I got my hair dyed yesterday morning, and its been 24 hours without washing my dyed hair, so will it be ok If I wash my hair, and will the colour stay in, or will it fade a lot?

A. Is it permanent or semi? I think usually you can wash it as soon as you want to. Obvioulsy if the hair dye is semi- permanent, the more you wash it the sooner the colour will fade. There are great shampoos that apparently help retain the colour and shine.

If youve dyed your hair lighter I always find blow drying helps make the colour brighter (due to the heat from the hair drying).

Hope this info helps!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment