Tuesday, December 4, 2012

When you get a perm to straighten your hair does it really work?

Q. I have naturally wavy and frizzy hair, I straighten my hair every other day...Should i get a perm to keep it straight?

A. I have a straight perm and it's wonderful. It saves me atleast an hour everyday from straightening my hair. After you shower then blowdry BAM straight silky hair. Its awesome. Then on the annoying part everyone at school will be all "omg, do you straighten your hair"...but then the good side technically you can say "nope" hahahaha omg I sound like a commercial/nerd. But yeah straight perms last for at least two years its a bit pricey but worth it. Go for it!


What happens if you straighten your hair too much?
Q. I heard that it is bad to straighten hair with a flat iron, but what happens? Also, what hair style cut with look good with a dirty blond with thick, and at parts, wavy hair. I don't like the wave nor the thickness.... Right now it is past my shoulders. I normally wear pony tails, because i don't like it down. any tips?

A. Any prolonged heat styling will do damage to the hair. It strips the natural moisture, which is less abundant at the ends, which of course produces more split-ends and flyaways. Be sure to use products that contain no alcohols, deep condition on a regular basis, trim the ends every 6-8 weeks, and if possible, use a high quality flat-iron with ceramic plates. They are more expensive, but well worth the price.

There are a few things you can do with your style. If you like the length, you can either get a body wave (a type of perm, but w/ loose curls and not leaving you like a poodle), or there is chemical straightening. I wouldn't reccommend the chemical straightening because it can be a lot more stressing on the hair, especially with you being blonde. they are generally done more on people with african descent who have much coarser hair. Or, you can shorten the length. Perhaps you have too much weight pulling downward on your tresses which straightens out the natural wave you may have. Remember that by lightening the weight, you will have a little more curl and volume than you may be used to. If you do this, you'll need to also put in some layers and maybe even some undercutting. Also, with less hair to deal with, straightening won't be such a long task. good luck


How can i Straighten my hair permantly without damaging my hair.?
Q. How can I like permantly or have a long term temporaly straighten my hair? Kind of like a perm but i have heard that they like damage your hair alot. What can i do? I can't leave my hair curly because it just doesn't look good curly no matter what. So what can i do?
It is an easy 10 points for best answer.

A. i highly recommend Japanese hair straightening. i have very curly and damaged hair and it got much more manageable , soft and healthy after the straightening. but no matter what- make sure you are going to a professional who knows what they are doing! make sure to meet with other people that got it done with him/ her/ the salon. getting referrals for this will be your best bet.


What can I do to straighten my hair without a straight perm by proffesionals?
Q. I need a quick, easy, yet affordable way to straighten my hair in the morning or at night. Proffesionals cost too much and I don't like my wavy and sometimes frizzy hair. I have a metal straightener which doesn't work and fries my hair. Other people can do it for me with no problem but i just can't seem to do it myself, please help me.

A. Buy a 'wet to dry' Flat iron by "T3"
Its a little pricey but Its an investment. and cheaper than chemical process
Use a cream that protects your hair against heat tools
TextureLine has a awesome ceremide protection ironing creme.

Do this and you will be happy!

and if your hair is fried get a trim and a conditioner with protein and moisture





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment