Monday, December 3, 2012

What happens if you straighten your hair too much?

Q. I heard that it is bad to straighten hair with a flat iron, but what happens? Also, what hair style cut with look good with a dirty blond with thick, and at parts, wavy hair. I don't like the wave nor the thickness.... Right now it is past my shoulders. I normally wear pony tails, because i don't like it down. any tips?

A. Any prolonged heat styling will do damage to the hair. It strips the natural moisture, which is less abundant at the ends, which of course produces more split-ends and flyaways. Be sure to use products that contain no alcohols, deep condition on a regular basis, trim the ends every 6-8 weeks, and if possible, use a high quality flat-iron with ceramic plates. They are more expensive, but well worth the price.

There are a few things you can do with your style. If you like the length, you can either get a body wave (a type of perm, but w/ loose curls and not leaving you like a poodle), or there is chemical straightening. I wouldn't reccommend the chemical straightening because it can be a lot more stressing on the hair, especially with you being blonde. they are generally done more on people with african descent who have much coarser hair. Or, you can shorten the length. Perhaps you have too much weight pulling downward on your tresses which straightens out the natural wave you may have. Remember that by lightening the weight, you will have a little more curl and volume than you may be used to. If you do this, you'll need to also put in some layers and maybe even some undercutting. Also, with less hair to deal with, straightening won't be such a long task. good luck


What can I use to prevent my hair from frizzing after straightening?
Q. First of all, I actually don't have curly hair. I'm asian and my hair is naturally straight, mind the light waves.

I usually straighten my hair while styling because I like to spike it.

They only problem is that my hair looks somewhat frizzed after I straighten it.
Are there any products out there that I can use to prevent this frizz after straightening?

A. yeah basically any product that protects from heat styling tools reduces frizz. I use Silk Elements but there are many other choices u can check out here, and you can probably find most of them at a local beauty supply store or just a convenience. store. http://www.folica.com/Heat_Prote_452_1.html


What are hair styles to do with short hair?
Q. I have short hair with a side bang and can just get it into two ponytails on the side. Please don`t just say to put accesories for my hair because I don`t have any besides bobby pins and hair clips. What are hair styles to do with short hair?

A. If you have hair curlers or straighteners, you can try different styles by curling/straightening your hair. A simpler style could be to just pin your bangs back/up to the side. If you opt to cross two pins to make an "X", it will look pretty and be more secure.

You can also braid your hair.

You could braid one on either side of your head, or just braid one side- french braid or normal braids are both cute. If you do french braids, you could try to braid your bangs into it too, or just french braid to make it look like you have a braided hairband on.

Another braid that you could do is the kind that you braid so that it lies parallel to the ground. Like, it's a horizontal line across the side of your head. I don't know what's the name of that hairstyle but I think it's quite nice.

Is it possible for you to braid two ponytails, since you say you can tie your hair into two ponytails on the side? It's pretty much the same style, but braiding does a great deal of difference. :)

You can either choose to tie the ends of pin the ends of the braids. For example, if you braid two small braids on either side of your head, you can pull them to the back, overlap them, and fasten them either a pin or tie them together. Or, you can just pin them to the side of your head and not pull them all the way to the back to overlap them.

But if you don't want to braid, you can always choose to twist your hair and pin it down. That works the same. :)


How to straighten hair thats only a few inches long?
Q. I am new to the whole hair straightener concept, especially for guys it can be weird. But, I was wondering if there was a way to straighten hair the correct way. I have a decent straightener and used it for my bangs. I am going for the scene style but not so hardxcore.

I am having trouble with the straightener because it burns when i lay it against my forehead ..lol. Now my hair is sticking up in a horizontol fashion instead of down. My hair is only like 2 inches long! The straightener barely runs threw the strands of hair. How can I overcome this?

Any ways or styles to go about the hair straightener in a fashionable sense?

I use hair glue, but sometimes my hair looks caked any tips on this also?

A. you should wash your hair with a srtaightening shampoo n conditioner...like paul mitchell super skinny...n try to blow dry it straight...like in the direction you want it do go...





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment