Thursday, December 6, 2012

Why do people ask questions on Yahoo about serious health issues?

Q. Everyone who asks questions in this forum has internet access. With multiple search engines at their fingertips, and respectable websites full of reliable information, why do people ask questions about serious medical conditions and rely on the answers of others who are usually not experts? Some advice I've seen has been downright dangerous. On occasion that bad advice is actually chosen as a 'best answer'. What makes people use this forum rather than asking their own health care provider or seeking answers on reliable medical websites?

A. I've noticed this. There is a similar phenomenon in the"Law and Ethics" section.

My guess is people are lazy. People are afraid of doctors. Yahoo Answers can give people the illusion of control. People like to ask a real perso questions then look things up.


What is the best time of day to ask questions on Yahoo Answers?
Q. What is the best time of day to ask questions on Yahoo Answers if you want a lot of answers? What is the best time of day to answer questions to get Best Answers and lots of points?

A. I've noticed that people are more likely to answer your question if you have a lot of fans in addition to posting your question at the right time of day. The best time of day to post questions that I have found is between 12PM and 4PM Central Standard Time. Another good time is between 7PM and 11PM Central Standard Time, as this is when a lot of people get on to wind down at the end of the day. This is when I believe the most people are online here.

Hope this helps :P


How long will it take before it becomes lame and uncool to ask questions on Yahoo Answers?
Q. When will it become uncool for "the children" to ask questions like "what outfit should I wear" or "does he/she like me" or "what color should I dye my hair". Questions like that and any other questions that people should be figuring out for themselves or finding the answers to themselves. Has the young generation become this lazy? Or superficial? Or shallow? Can't they think for themselves? What's going to happen when they have to think for themselves?

A. I am not saying you are wrong or that I disagree with you, but knowing when to ask for help is actually a characteristic of a person who thinks independently.

Also, you have to accept that the Internet is still sorta new and we're still finding out how best to use it.

Take care.


Why do people ask questions here instead of just looking it up?
Q. I can't believe how many people ask questions here, when perfectly good answers are already out there online.
I just don't get it, you have to wait for someone to respond, and more than half the answers you get aren't even right.
Is it laziness, stupidity, both?

A. both laziness and stupidity.

I've seen one guy who wants to buy 10 large wind turbines, probably worth $100M. He keeps asking where to buy them. I keep pointing him to a list of manufacturer's web sites. I finally realized he didn't know how to click on a link.

Once he came back and said he couldn't find his way around GE's web site. Major stupidity, all he had to do was click on "contact me" at the bottom of every page and fill in the form.

But apparently he could do nothing except ask questions here, that's all he learned to do, so he asks the same question over and over, 8 times so far. Pathetic!


Here is my list of stupid questions for your amusement:

When the titanic?
I felt proof of airplane take off from treadmill erroneous?
Bernoulli's principle and tornadoess?
What is the therm of Incident?
Where do i get fuctory which produce wire and nails?
Can people some they live in other planet?
Make tower?
In a rectangular area the wide increse in 10 meters and the
large side is less in 10 meters, then ...?
If the moon was made of ribs would you eat it?
What does neptune taste like?
Why did the univers bother create itself?
How to calculate "e" where gcd(e,160) = 1 ? hope someones ansers this time?
What happens can ne 1 guess??
"wolf 2 stroke engine about 30 years ago
New Scientist ???
Can u tell me abt fastion tecnology?isn't it gud engeeniering line & it
can releted with fation designing?
The horizantil magnitc field by shadw of gelfanometer?
how do i get more then 30 spray cans in jet set radio futre please help?
Can u help me to proe from the detail?
How can i reduce the water pressuer in house when there is low water perssuer?
Should i buy my own star?
How do i water bend?
The horizantil magnitc field by shadw of gelfanometer?
Why do we need to dimensions?
Whatever techniques that can be used to solve expansive soil?
i need to know are engineers required to use moisture dectectors when hiring them?
How can I carry moonbeams home in a jar?
how to convert pieces to linear meter?
I hv psed my 12th - 65%f-sci -2007 thn i drped 1 ear its vain pls tell me wht
shd i do my intrs in engineering
-----than___?





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment