Monday, December 3, 2012

Gah! NEED HAIR DYE HELP!?

Q. so as the story begins..my hair grows reeeeally fast and my professionally done highlights that i got last month were growing out really bad and i couldn't stand the roots,i didn't have another $200 to get more highlights so i got one of those highlighting kits at the drug store with the wand and you just apply the dye to your hair with the wand..bad idea..only the top layer and top 1/3rd of my hair got dyed..and yellow at that!..so i went to sally's, bought more dye and their very last toner, went home, dyed my hair again..the colour was still uneven and also still a bit yellow which i couldn't stand..soo..i bought bleach and bleached my hair. the colour came out even buuuttt my hair was a pale pissy yellow..i had a presentation yesterday morning so i couldn't just leave my hair like that so i dyed it AGAIN..for the fourth time in 24 hours..i dyed it an ash blonde and the top half is a good colour, but the bottom half is still kinda yellow/orangey..i've used half a bottle of toning shampoo in one day and nothing..i don't have the option of getting more toner as they are sold out of it, i can't re-dye my hair again as it is already sooo dead and i have scabs all over my scalp from a chemical burn...WHAT SHOULD I DO!? PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!
i dyed it that much because i can't be seen with disgusting hair! i dyed it ash blonde to make it darker, because it was nearly white, but the bottom half is still a bit brassy.

A. first off why do you pay 200 to get highlights,

at my professional hairdresser i pay 80 to get my hair bleached, and three colours in one sitting, thats with a haircut &&everything else thats included. so i see 200 for STREAKS is a little much,

anywasy give your hair a break, i dye my own hair and i had a misshap with a blonde colour that dyed my bangs grey, it was ridiculous, and i had to more colour at home, so i walked around with grey bangs, even went to work, once i dyed over it the colours kept fading out, its very frustrating.

but just give your hair a break and it will be okay, im sure people will understand


How do you successfully dye your roots only with an at-home kit?
Q. I have never been able to do this successfully. My hair is a very very dark brown but my natural haircolor is about a shade lighter, which is very noticeable in the sun. I want to fix my roots but the rest is dark enough and I don't need to damage the rest further. Does anyone actually DO this? I know in the kits it states to "seperate into sections" but seriously, I fail at that and the sections are always too big. What is a good size for the sections, if this is the only thing that should be done?

A. I think your mistake is maybe you are trying to do the entire section at one time. You should separate your hair into four areas and then work through each section. If you are using a box kit, you probably have one of those bottles with the brush at the end. The best way is to use a bowl/tint brush. Then you can use the pointed end of the brush to separate out the sections & brush it on the roots.

Read this article for more tips :)
http://www.ehow.com/how_2339_dye-roots.html


Highlighting your hair at home?
Q. I am biracial with very dark curly hair. I'd like to put honey blonde highlights back in my hair (I had it dyed black for the winter). I like highlights because they add definition to my curls...but I need to do it at home because my budget's a little tight. Since I usually get it done professionally, I have no idea which brand/ product to get.

Here are a couple pics so you know what color I mean:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevi_n_isha...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevi_n_isha...

What product(s) have you guys used, like something from Sally's or Walmart in a box that has worked? Should I use a box kit (if you like a certain brand, name that too) or just a lightener? Thanks everyone!
I asked this question earlier but I changed the phrasing, lol. ;)
Sorry, I didn't realize those links didn't work. I'll try again:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevi_n_isha/3498144685/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevi_n_isha/3498958552/in/photostream/

A. Just so you know, the links do not work...But I buy my highlighting kits at Wal Mart-I usually opt for something like Garnier or something..but I have also used those cheapy frosting kits. I personally like putting in the extra time and using a kit that uses the old fashioned pull through cap like you may have in a salon. They have more accuracy in highlighting the areas you really want..Some of those "brush in" kits can come out funny-Trust me!! lol. So I hope this helps, it's really easy to do at home, and good luck :-)


I need help with hair dye!!!?
Q. I have blonde hair but i would like it to be lighter. I have never dyed my hair before and are a little scared about what it will look like when i am done, I dont want my hair to turn orage. Also can u dye your roots at home once they grow out? What brands would you recommend for blonde? Also can u buy hair dye at the store that will give u multiple shades/high lights?

A. I would just go with darker hair.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment